Tuesday 16 October 2012

Week 1 - 16 Oct 2012 - Tue

Second day at SSMC.

Today, I spent my time in listing out the areas in SSMC that require environment monitoring and I get to familiarize with the different lab areas that SSMC has.

For example, all support rooms are located on the third floor. A support room is part of a fab but it is outside the main room. It also does not consist of a sub fab like the main room does. I also got to know that the Mask Incoming Quality Control Room (MIQC) is a place to store reticle and stocker is a storage room for wafer.

After listing out the areas that require environment monitoring, I carried on grouping the areas by the measuring units and the parameters which includes particle monitoring, air velocity monitoring and ionization monitoring.

After which, I made drawings and divided the ball room / photo area into 8 zones and in each zone, calculations had been made to check the number of measurement data to be collected per year. Similar stuff is also done for the Chemical Mechanical Planerisation (CMP) area.The photo below shows the drawing and calculations that I had done. (^^)



A rough calculation had been made and I found out that we will have to create around 150 charts or even more... What a challenge!

The most exciting part of today's experience is the FAB visiting!!! Instead of reading about the different areas from papers, I actually get to see them REAL. And the different equipment and tools used to measure particle, air velocity and ionization too. Things that I've only get to see from TV, I get to experience them today...

Have you experience wearing a jumpsuit before entering the fab? Not to mention the cap, gloves and shoes. (^^)

No comments:

Post a Comment