Monday 29 October 2012

Week 3 - 29 Oct 2012 - Mon

Start of the week again, 10th day at SSMC.

I have basically finish all the preparation for creating the charts. What's left is to wait for the IT technicians to installed the software into my computer and then I get to start creating charts. But of course, I have to learn to use the software as well.

Since most of the preparations are done, today, as a start, I did the 'Free Time Task' that was given to me last Thursday. (It's called free time task as Miss Pascale said to do it during my free time; when I had nothing to do.)

This 'Free Time Task' is to calculate, using the Microsoft Excel's formula, certain data for Miss Pascale. I am supposed to calculate the followings using Excel's formula to pick and calculate columns and rows of data:


I have explored Excel's formula and Help to decide which formula to use and finally had solved the task with 3 formula, 'DSUM', 'DCOUNT' and 'COUNTIFS'.

The 'COUNTIFS' formula, as I have mentioned in my previous post, I am familiar with it. Just have to select the right criteria ranges and the associated ranges and the result will be out.

Today, I have learnt 2 new formula, 'DSUM' and 'DCOUNT'. Both formula require database (list of related data), field (the column label used) and the criteria.

These are examples of the formula I had done today:

=DSUM('Output Qty'!$1:!1048576,"qty",N$1:O$2)

=DCOUNT('Output Qty'!1:1048576,"qty',Tabulations!M1:O2)

=COUNTIFS('Output Qty'!$B:$B,Tabulations!E$2,'Output Qty'!$S:$S,Tabulations!F$3,'Output Qty'!$X:$X,1)

Another point that I have learnt today. For criteria that do not want to include certain points, use something like "<>apple", then data that are apple will not be included in the calculations.

Like as I've mentioned in the starting of this post, I need to learn the software before I can create the charts and today, I had attended a training lesson on the basic steps of creating the charts.

I am looking forward to create the charts, of course, after the software is being installed in my computer first...

No comments:

Post a Comment