Tuesday 23 October 2012

Week 2 - 23 Oct 2012 - Tue

Seventh day at SSMC.

Today, on and off was using the computer to do work. And why did I say 'on and off'? Lol. It's because the computer was not working for some time. Thus, today had wasted some time doing nothing. >.< ( But, I did try to keep the slacking time to minimum by reading the handouts given. ;P)

I thought that I was going to do what I had mentioned in yesterday's post,that is, listing out the exact points for the ESD tests. However, just this morning, I realized that the points for the ESD tests were always randomly chosen. Hence, I (somehow) cut down my workload... XP

Yesterday, after listing out the points for the support areas, I found out that there were very little points in each area. After discussion with Miss Pascale, she had decided that if the maximum (Max) and the minimum (Min) value of the areas' data are within the similar range, then we are able to combine those areas into 1 chart. And this will cut down the number of charts to be created.

And so, I had, for the whole morning, been checking the Max and Min value for each area (using excel). It wasn't very hard, however, there were too many data. So in a way, it took me awhile to finish.

Meanwhile, after lunch, my computer broke down... Here comes my reading time. And in fact, I've been using electrostatic discharge (ESD) the term quite often but I had never known its exact meaning. So, reading is really good... Below are what I've learned today:

Electrostatic discharge (ESD) is the transfer or movement of charge between objects that are of different electrical potentials. It is caused by static electricity.

Static electricity is a stationary (non-moving) electrical charge and it is caused by imbalance of elctrons on the surface of materials.

Imbalance of electrons occurs when materials either lose or acquire electrons.

Some time in the afternoon, when my computer is back on track, I continued to do the same task for the ESD tests. Finding the Max and Min value for each area of each test. The ESD data were more then that of the support areas. I had a tedious afternoon to evening. Fortunate thing is, I manged to finish the ESD portion just before work ends.

I did not expect today to have so much things to say. Hope tomorrow will be better. This week is one short week. 2 more working days and break!! Friday, I'm so looking forward to you!!! (^^)

No comments:

Post a Comment