Monday 17 December 2012

Week 10 - 17 Dec 2012 - Mon

44th day at SSMC.

Today started off with helping Miss Pascale to copy information from the Excel files stored in the company laptop. This is because that she wasn't able to print or send out the files from the laptop. And this task took me the whole morning to complete.

After lunch, I continued to report what I had done for the improving of Excel file task with the PowerPoint that I've done. And also demonstrating what changes I had made in my version of Excel files.

While doing so, we found out that 1 of the changes done was not considered perfect and is having a loophole. Thus, I have to think about it again.

As I was going through the original files, I realised that the original macro of the loophole formula was having an execution time of 4 seconds. LOL. Why did I change it in the first place?! Anyway, we had decided to use back the original macro for that.


Lastly, to compare the changes, before and after my improvements, I had to time the whole process of running all the macros.

However, as we had done some testings earlier and one of the macros was running endlessly. I took awhile to figure out where has gone wrong. This is careless mistake cause my computer to 'hang' many times.

Finally, after I had resolve that careless mistake, I timed the whole process of my improved version of Excel files and it turned out to be 1.48 seconds. Miss Pascale said that this is considered fast. (^^)

However, we still have to time the original version which I could not do it with my window 7 version. And Miss Pascale was occupied with her work, so I guess we'll do it tomorrow.

Today had things to do and time was really flying. Hope to pass the coming days like today. (^^)

No comments:

Post a Comment