Monday 10 December 2012

Week 9 - 10 Dec 2012 - Mon

39th day at SSMC.

Today is the beginning of the second half of the attachment period. With the ending of last Friday, half of the attachment period was gone too.

As I have concluded on last Friday, I have 3 macros completely replaced with formula, 2 macros combined into 1, 1 macro edited to suit my requirement. As for the last 3 macros, I wasn't able to replace them with formula and was using them as they were.

The 3 macros were macro 6, 7 & 9 and macro 6 & 9 were working fine in my version of Excel file. However, as for macro 7, I wasn't able to get it to work in my version of Excel file. Thus, since last week I had been editing macro 7's programming to make it work.

However, while running macro 7, my computer kept 'hanging'. The Excel program kept getting restarted. I was totally clueless why this is happening. I had double and double checked the program but still could not find out what is wrong with the program.

On the other hand, my manager had came over to ask me to search for the available lunch buffets on the 31st of December. And thus, I had ignored the Excel file, for the time being, and went to search and call the several hotels and restaurants for the availability of the promotions and the details of the buffets.

I had managed to compile the buffet details just before lunch and had sent the compiled information to my manager right after lunch. And so, I had gone back to figuring out the macro 7's programming.

But, out of my expectation, macro 7 was working perfectly fine. And all I had done was to leave it alone for about 3 hours? I don't have a single idea why this is happening. Anyway, what matters most is that macro 7 is finally working.

To my surprise, I've found out that the execution time of macro 7 was actually less than 1 second. Today, was totally a surprise.

I had received another errand task to do in the late afternoon which is to go to the warehouse to get a wafer lot and passed to the OQA personnel.

After which, I was considered free for the day. I had nothing to do and was only looking through at my past tasks. Hoping that I could get some ideas for macro 6, 7 & 9. Although I did some editing to these 3 macros, I still hope to find some way to replace them with formula if possible.

So, I guess starting tomorrow until the end of this week, I will have to think hard and real hard for the 3 macros. Hope that I will have ways to deal with them. (^^)

No comments:

Post a Comment