Tuesday 4 December 2012

Week 8 - 04 Dec 2012 - Tue

35th day at SSMC.

Today, I have improved yesterday's 'TRANSPOSE' formula. Instead of just transposing the data, I have included the defect types as well. This is done in case any defect type is being deleted or added.

I have also linked the spreadsheets' cells together so when data is being entered into 1 spreadsheet, another spreadsheet will be updated instantly. This is kind of real time basis and it also eliminate the use of macro which is quite time consuming.

Another job done today was to replace a macro, responsible for inserting new columns of data, using formula. I found out that the 3 new columns of data can be done with formula as I realized that they are linked to the part name.

The last task for today was to find a way to paste transposed value using formula. I have to paste the transposed data as value and not the whole formula itself. However, no solution was found. >.<

And so, I'm back to discovering how the macro programming language works. -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment