Monday 5 November 2012

Week 4 - 05 Nov 2012 - Mon

Start of a new week, 15th day at SSMC.

Today, I've finished up the naming of DCOPs for ionization, ESD, field voltage and SMIF. The concept of the naming convention is similar to particle and air velocity previously.

The first and second characters are for the different locations. Third and fourth characters are of a little different. For ionzation, the third and fourth characters can be either 'DT' for Decay Time or 'OV' for Offset Voltage. For ESD, it will be the different types of ESD such as 'HB' for Human Body and 'PG' for Power Grounding. The last 3 characters are the number range, ID or the points, same as what I have for particle and air velocity.

After which, I consolidated all DCOPs and came up with a overall naming convention. I have stated all locations (with their 'short forms') and other acronyms that I have used with explanation and description. This will allow other people to understand how I had come up with those DCOPs.

We also have a discussion with a IT personnel and she pointed out that `1 DCOP can only have a maximum of 9 to 10 points. This means that I have to regroup my DCOPs as some of my DCOPs have more than 10 points. Although I had managed to regroup the points by the end of today, the number range now is not even and is more difficult to remember. Thus, Miss Pascale wants me to think of a better solution.

The total number of DCOPs I have came up is 360. And after regrouping, it increases to 391 DCOPs. It alot, ain't it? But we are still looking into it. We are, somehow, stuck as we are not sure if we are able to link the measuring devices to the system. If this can't work, it will be no point for us to create so many DCOPs.

Anyway, I hope that we will receive good news from the IT personnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment