Wednesday 7 November 2012

Week 4 - 07 Nov 2012 - Wed

17th day at SSMC.

Today, I have spent the whole morning exploring the commands and functions in the software, 'Tera Term'. I have also taken down, step by step, the process of creating the charts, DCOP, and OCAP ID. This will allow me to have reference in the future.

And 1 hour before lunch, I've consulted the IT personnel, Sock Bee, and the IT manager for further progression of my project. Sock Bee had suggested me doing do all my testing charts, DCOPs, OCAP ID in the 'Tera Term's' training environment and this training environment will not affect the actual production system.

As for the IT manger, I have consulted him on what I am supposed to find out about the FTP and what else do I need to know besides running a script and superscript to transfer data. I have seriously learnt quite a handful of stuff this morning.

After lunch, I began to create chart, DCOPs and OCAP ID. I wasn't able to use what I have created in the actual production system in the training environment. Thus, I got to start all over again, start from the basic that is to create a new chart. In a way, I get to refresh my memory on creating charts.

I managed to create the chart, DCOP and OCAP ID; set the neccessary settings and get the charts to work. Although I was successful in entering the data values to the chart, somehow, I couldn't get the chart to display the data that I wanted.

After troubleshooting (for not sure how long but should be not too long :P), I believe that the 'variable' should be the part where I have set up wrongly. However, I can't edit the part of the chart as I have already 'freeze' the chart. Hence, I have to re-create a new chart.

Time flies. After I found out that I have to create a new chart, it was also about time to end. So, the creation of a new chart was postponed to tomorrow.

Hope that things will go smoothly tomorrow, without me making mistakes in the process. I will be extra careful in the steps of the process. One wrong step and I will need to start all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment