Monday 19 November 2012

Week 6 - 19 Nov 2012 - Mon

24th day at SSMC.

Today, I have finally, officially started creating my charts in the actual production system. I started creating the OCAP IDs, follewed by the charts and finally the DCOPs. However, I only created some of the charts and the related DCOPs and I had quite a lot left. This is pretty obvious, isn't it? How can I finish creating 33 charts and 1625 DCOPs in just one day?

Back to today's story... Before creatingthe OCAP IDs, I kept reminding myself to be extra extra careful when entering the settings required. However, sometimes, things just won't go smoothly like how you want it to be.

For me, a careless mistake made few weeks ago resulted in my first wrong setting for 2 of my OCAP IDs. Previously, I had print-screen the steps in creating the charts, DCOPs and OCAP IDs. As I was referring to the slides that I've done, I pretty much copied what I have recorded few weeks ago. I copied the title of the OCAP ID from what I had set few weeks ago which was not what I should be entering (after discussion with Miss Pascale some time later). Hence, here goes my first mistake.

As I have 'freeze' the OCAP ID, I couldn't do anything about it. It's either I can get the assistance from the IT department to 'unfreeze' the OCAP ID or I can just simply created that of a version two. So I chose the second option.

After this experience, I thought, to myself, that I will not make any mistake. True enough, I have smoothly created my charts for the particle section.

However, another careless mistake was done, again, when I'm creating the DCOP for the particle charts.
I have forgotten to enter the OCAP ID for 1 of the DCOP and only realizing that after having 'freezing' my DCOP.

At first, I thought that all of the DCOPs that I've created do not consist of the OCAP ID. But after checking, I realized it was only the one that I've forgotten to enter. As I explained the situation to Miss Pascale, again, we chose to created that DCOP in version two.

Miss Pascale also asked me to take a break and have a drink. Was it because that I have been staring at the computer screen the whole day (except lunch break) and due to that I got tired and hence make those careless mistakes?

Anyway, (hopefully) to prevent myself from making more mistakes , guess I should take the advice of getting out of my seat every 1 to 2 hours to rest my eyes and stretch my back. At the very least, close my eyes (for awhile, of course) when I feel tired.

That should be all for today. Bye bye (^^)

No comments:

Post a Comment