Tuesday 6 November 2012

Week 4 - 06 Nov 2012 - Tue

16th day at SSMC.

Today, I have rearranged the number ranges of some of the DCOPs. As the number ranges were not even and is difficult for people to remember. What I meant by the number ranges are not even is that they are in terms of, for example, 20, 25, 45, 60 etc. And what I have done is to rearrange, according to the points,  them into more evenly distributed ranges. For example, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 etc. These more evenly distributed number ranges will be much easier for people to remember.

After which, I had combine all DCOPs into 1 single Excel sheet for ease of viewing. With the overall naming convention, done yesterday, inserted at the first sheet, I am now considered job done. (^^)

But this 'job done' is only for the task 'creating DCOPs'. After lunch, Miss Pascale brought me to discuss, with the manager of the IT department, about our project. During discussion, the IT manager pointed out some points of what we are required to do but we were kind of lost. He said that I will need to use the FTP (Files Transfer Protocol) command and to input values, manually, to the charts using the software, 'Tera Term'.

Up to here, I can be considered as pretty lost. I have a general idea of what the IT manager had told us but I am clueless of how to do or even start it.

The IT manager suggested us to 'google' FTP and get some hands-on on inputting the values. Though I am eager to start doing it, but I have no idea how. Thus, Miss Pascale had printed some information, that we have found through internet, regarding FTP. Hoping that I could get something out of those information, I read through the handouts.

However, I did not. I presumed the information we've gotten does not relate to what we needed. I guess I will need to do more research...

No comments:

Post a Comment