Friday 30 November 2012

Week 7 - 30 Nov 2012 - Fri

Last day of the week, last day of the month. 33rd day at SSMC.

Today, I continued with the excel file. I did the tracing of macro programming language again but for the weekly update macro. And what I did yesterday was on the daily update macro. The weekly macro was harder to figure out and understand

As I was having a hard time with the macro programming language, I had decided to ignored it for the time being and turned to the actions that it carried out. For example, some macros were used to sum and count the data values and for these macros, I had been trying to replace them with formula.

And I succeeded! I had managed to replace part of the macro, on summing and counting data functions, using formula. This is also how I realized some macros are not so easily to be replaced. So for these (hard to replace) macros, I have only managed to replace the summing and counting functions using formula.

But I did successfully replace some macro with formula. These are some macros that are used to 'pluck' data from one excel sheet and insert into another.

So to conclude what I've done today, was:

-Replacing some macros to formula
-Replace part of macro to formula

And one question that I'm having after today's work, will the macro speed be faster after the actions that it suppose to carry out were lessen? This is what I really want to find out. And then, I will know whether what I have done will be wasted or not. (^^)

No comments:

Post a Comment