Thursday 8 November 2012

Week 4 - 08 Nov 2012 - Thu

18th day at SSMC.

Today, I have finally successfully programmed the chart to show the correct calculated values. I was so happy!

This morning, I've created a new chart, as mentioned in yesterday's post, to replace the one that I've entered the wrong set ups. And upon doing so, I've recorded every single step using screenshots and saved them into a PowerPoint. I have also make notes and comments at each step foe explanation purpose.

However, after I have set up the new settings in my newly created chart, I still could not get the graph to display the calculated values. The chart kept showing 1 of the 4 entered data value. No matter, how many data value I enter into the system, the chart only show the data values entered for that 1 point.

Thus, this means that I'm partially failed...

And so, I went to consult the IT personnel, Sock Bee, again. (I've been troubling her these few days... Guilty ...) She mentioned to me that I've done the 'variable' setting wrongly. I thought that I would have to start all over again as I have freeze my chart. But Sock Bee said that I can unfreeze my chart in the training environment as I am the owner of my chart. And this is a good news to me. Sock Bee also showed me a PROMIS guide that would help me in doing my try outs. The guide was mainly for data entry and DCOPs and it really solved some of my queries.

So, I continued to try setting the correct set up for my chart. And finally, after many edits here and there, I got the graph to display my calculated 'Range' and 'Average' values!

I could not believe it at first, so I entered a few more data values and it showed all the correct values that is the calculated 'Range' and 'Average' values.

I was so delight and presented my work to Miss Pascale. (^^)

And after some discussion, we seem to find that the groupings were not appropriate anymore, Therefore, we are back to displaying individual point's values. So for the last half an hour, I was making changes to the chart and DCOP settings.

The missing part is always the 'Specification for Variable 1' setting. I'm not sure of what to put for that part to make the graph display all data values entered for all the points.

Guess, i'll try all possible settings to make it work and will find someway to resolve it. Ganbatte!~ (^^)

No comments:

Post a Comment