Friday 9 November 2012

Week 4 - 09 Nov 2012 - Fri

Last day of Week 4, 19th day at SSMC.

Time really flies. Today is the last day of week 4 and this means that 1/4 of the ITP period has past. I've also used up half of my notebook and this is so much faster than I had used a notebook during school time. Lol.

Anyway, I have good news and bad news today. Let's just start from the beginning...

For the whole of this morning, I continued to search and try all possible ways to set the graph to display all the data values for the points that I've entered. However, I still did not managed to find a solution for yesterday's problem. I was still stuck at the setting, 'Spec for Variable 1'. I read through the PROMIS guide and tried the method stated in it but it just won't work.

So I've consulted Selinda, collegue who has experiences in using PROMIS and SPC Chartor. She replied that normally they will show one point in one chart and (I guess) that's how the system works.

And so, I reported the situation to Miss Pascale. And after discussion, I began to try linking the second DCOP to the chart (with the first DCOP linked). This turned out successful. I've managed to get the chart to display the data values calculated by the 2 DCOPs after entering data for the 2 DCOPs.

After showing Miss Pascale my successfully done chart, we went to discuss, with our manger, what we have till now.

Let's fast forward to after discussion with manager and the conclusion is, with too much constraints and different requirements, we will have to create 1 DCOP containing 1 point. And I meant 1 exact point. This is the so called 'bad news'. I have no idea how many DCOPs I will be creating but definitely more than 500. Why am I so positive about that? Remember I had mentioned before, or if not, that for particle count of ball room, the points are already 546. This is why I'm so positive that I'm gonna be creating more than 500 DCOPs. XD

On the other hand, the good news is that I am officially starting my project. I will be working the charts in the actual environment in the system. Hope that I'll not screw things up. (^^) And I really hope to finish this project before ITP ends. This is the least I can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment