Monday 21 January 2013

Week 15 - 21 Jan 2013 - Mon

65th day at SSMC.

Today is the first day if week 15 which is also the second last week of my attachment. Time flies, 14 weeks had past and my attachment is coming to the last 9 days.

Last week, I had officially finished my project for this attachment and all school assignments are currently in process.

As the implementation period for my project is not within my attachment period, thus there is no official result achieved. However, my supervisor had allowed me to test the pilot run result to compare the before and after benefits that my project had brought about to the system.

And according to the pilot run result that I had obtained, the implementation if my project will be able to shorten the usual routine steps from 7 steps to 4 steps and the time spent on these steps will be reduced by 85%.

I really hoped that the pilot run result can bring about convenience to the company's system and increase their productivity.

Alright, back to today's tasks. As a start in this morning, I had helped to update some charts to their most recent values for report analysis purposes.

Next, supervisor had asked me to check the measuring point locations in the ball room area against the map drawn out by the OQA staff to see if the availability of the points matched. After which, I had created a list of DCOPs against the point locations and used formula to check if they are matched 1 to 1. This is done for the continuation of my project in the company, however, not for school purpose.

After creating the list of DCOPs and locations, we will need to consult the IT personnel on the idea of this further step. And good news was heard from the IT personnel! Thus, I had continued to do preparation steps.

That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment